St. Joseph Hospice is pleased to announce the launch of our new quarterly publication, “Hospice Matters for Physicians.” The publication offers the latest clinical findings and news related to serious illness and palliative care. “Hospice Matters for Physicians” serves to assists physicians and other healthcare to keep abreast of the latest studies and care recommendations reported in highly regarded medical journals including: Journal of the American Medical Association, Journal of Internal Medicine, and New England Journal of Medicine.
May 2019 Edition
- Patients Less Likely to Receive Palliative Care at Minority-Serving Hospitals, Regardless of Race/Ethnicity
- ‘Neuropalliative Care:’ Neurologists Offered Practical Tips for Provision of Primary Palliative Care
- Unmet Needs, Opportunities to Introduce Palliative Care Identified for ESDR Amputees
- Polypharmacy Linked to Significant Decrease in Quality of Life for Patients with Life-Limiting Illness
- Patients’ Top Hope for Advanced Cancer Treatment: Quality of Life
- Experts Recommend a ‘Softened Approach’ to Discussing Prognosis
For referrals and information on our full range of palliative and hospice care services and benefits including our AIM Palliative Home Health program, contact the St. Joseph Hospice location nearest you.