Sage Specialty Hospital SNF Unit has answered the call to provide an environment, which allows intensive specialized services that produces outcomes worthy of a patient population desiring to return to an independent living environment!
"The Wise Choice in Specialty Healthcare"
Sage Specialty Hospital is fully committed to helping our patients on their journey to regain their health and independence. We understand the road to recovery can be challenging and difficult to navigate. Sage Specialty Hospital offers patients with complex medical conditions the continued intensive medical care they need when discharged from a traditional acute care hospital but need additional time to recover before they can go home or be admitted to a rehabilitation hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Sage Specialty Hospital (LTAC) offers comprehensive treatment programs for:
- Ventilator Weaning & Management
- Pulmonary Disease Program
- COPD Exacerbation
- Complex Wound Care
- Complex Infectious Conditions
- Long-Term IV Antibiotic Therapies
- Cardiac Care
- CHF Exacerbation
- Multi-System Organ Failure
- Post-Surgical Complication
- Spinal Cord and/or Severe Head Injury
Sage Specialty LTAC Hospital Team
Comprehensive patient care is managed around-the-clock by a team of medical professionals including:
- Consulting Physicians including Pulmonologist, Neurologist, Cardiologist, Infectious Disease, Vascular Specialist, and Wound Care Specialist
- Registered Nurses 24/7
- Respiratory Therapists 24/7
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Pathologists
- Dieticians Case Managers
Skilled Nursing Unit
Our Skilled Nursing Unit is a 10-bed skilled unit focused on providing fast recovery and quality outcomes, and offers treatment for the following diagnoses:
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Infectious Diseases
- Knee/Hip Replacements
- Other Debilitating Illnesses Causing Functional Decline
- IV Antibiotics or Other IV Therapies
- Enteral Feedings
- Wound Care
- Respiratory Care
- Pain Management
- Adaptive Equipment Training
- Compensatory Techniques and Strategies
- Home Evaluation/Environmental Safety
- Energy Conservation
- Fall Risk Assessment & Treatment
- Caregiver Education/Training
Our Skilled Nursing Team meets the needs of the entire patient population while providing individual attention to the specific needs of each one.
- Licensed Physical, Occupational Therapist, and Speech Therapists
- Registered Nurses; Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Social Workers
- Internal Medicine Physician
- Nurse Practitioner
Inpatient Behavioral Health
- 16-bed secure inpatient behavior health unit
- Services include psychiatric and medical management, with the capacity to simultaneously treat psychiatric and medical conditions, including CPAP management, 7 days a week
- Interdisciplinary treatment team composed of licensed practitioners, with an average of 20 years experience working with the mental health population
- 21 and older
Outpatient Wound Care Clinic
Comprehensive and holistic outpatient wound care services for treatment and prevention of skin breakdown due to a multitude of chronic conditions. Patients are seen by appointment with a physician referral. Walk-ins are welcomed.
Continuum of Care
As a part of The Carpenter Health Network continuum of care, Sage Specialty Hospital can serve as a bridge to additional recovery services, including home health, medical house calls, outpatient treatments, skilled nursing, palliative care and more.
Medicare, Medicaid, most managed care, and most commercial insurances accepted. Call for verification of acceptance.
We Can Help You
Wondering if the specialized intensive medical care of a long-term acute care hospital is right for you or a loved one? We can answer all of your questions to help you decide what is best for you. Call us to schedule a tour and speak to an admissions representative today.
BATON ROUGE | 8225 Summa Ave, Bldg. B | Baton Rouge, LA 70809 | Phone: 225-208-0300
DENHAM SPRINGS | 8375 Florida Boulevard | Denham Springs, LA 70726 | Phone: 225-665-2664